"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with." Dorothy Gail in "The Wizard of Oz"

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally... Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. - Don Miguel Ruiz

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Love it will not betray you
Dismay or enslave you, it will set you free
Be more like the man you were made to be
There is a design, an alignment, a cry
Of my heart to see
The beauty of love as it was made to be.

So I went to a wine tasting with a friend. Most of the wines didn't taste so hot, some were decent, and one my palate really enjoyed. I bought it, and another white that was pleasing to my taste. Main thing was, it was nice to get out, talk briefly about life and stuff like that. Came home to a nice Thai red chicken curry meal made with love by my dear Dave. Listened to some Elliott Smith, Ryan Adams and acoustic Metric and read some unabridged journals of Sylvia Plath, while Dave tried to get our DVD working. I have seven movies patiently waiting to be watched, six from the local library and one from a friend (and even one from another "friend" that doesn't even count in this count. ;) ). This summer has been a good excuse to catch up on movies I've not yet seen...and one of my favs I have seen but felt the need to watch once again - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (the name of that movie is taken out of a poem by Alexander Pope. Many don't know that, or don't pick up on that in the movie, but yep. Long poem by him, I think he lived in the 1600s, or sometime way back).
Food Network is on mute while hubby is on hold with Comcast. I feel like I should be underneath something big and beautiful, holding tight and kissing fiercly. Wow! What can I say, just want to be honest on this blog that maybe one or two other people will even read. I can get away with saying stuff! I think I should read some Anne Sexton and duplicate something on here by Erica Jong. Yeah, my fear of flying ended eons ago. Now I'm just fearful of NOT flying, of not spreading my wings.
"And the truly insidious thing about fear is---it's completely self-perpetuated. We create the dread that clogs up our lives." ~ Douglas Kennedy
(I warned readers of my stream-of-consciousness style of writing)

"Watch out for intellect, because it knows so much it knows nothing and leaves you hanging upside down, mouthing knowledge as your heart falls out of your mouth. Watch out for love (unless it is true, and every part of you says yes including the toes), it will wrap you up like a mummy, and your scream won't be heard and non of your running will run.
"Love? Be it man. Be it woman. It must be a wave you want to glide in on, give your body to it, give your laugh to it, give, when the gravelly sand takes you, your tears to the land. To love another is something like prayer and can't be planned, you just fall into its arms because your belief undoes your disbelief."

Ok, everything is up and running. Movie about to begin........ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some days … the whole world seems upside down. And then somehow, and probably, and when you least expect it, the world rights itself again. MG