"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with." Dorothy Gail in "The Wizard of Oz"

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally... Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. - Don Miguel Ruiz

Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding


It happened today, April 29, 2011, Prince William & Kate Middleton wed. They are now the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge! What's all the hoopla about some people ask!? (Ignorant people, in my opinion). Listen, there is nothing comparable in American society. Celebrities are a dime a dozen. There's only one British royal family and the protocol and traditions that stretch back for centuries are fascinating. If the American Revolution had tipped just a little bit the other way, these people could have been my heads of state.

It's the same reason I like to travel to new places, I guess ~ there's so much weird and interesting culture to observe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
People getting all uptight about the Royal Wedding. This is what I had to say to someone's facebook post: Just enjoy it, it's not like it happens everyday...or every year...or every decade. It's history come alive. And as far as I'm concerned, it's a nice change from the terrible & depressing stuff we are bombarded with every single day. It's joyous and happy and uplifting. Does everyone just like to hear all the doom & gloom?! This is so very different than the everyday. So what if it's like a fairytale come to life. God wants us to enjoy life on earth, and this is a joyous celebration that we get to be a part of, by seeing it on television and such. Don't worry, you'll probably never witness anything like this again in your lifetimes, and this will soon pass and we can all just delight in the stuff we're used to. I'm so happy for both William & Kate; I wish them nothing but a happy and long life together. So, there's my short version take of it all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some days … the whole world seems upside down. And then somehow, and probably, and when you least expect it, the world rights itself again. MG